Monday, September 9, 2013

My New Sewing Space

Hello again :) I've spent some time in the last few days switching my sewing room in my house. The room I'm in now is bigger than the old one. I'm so excited that I can have my cutting table in the same room as my sewing machine! It's upstairs now, so it will be warmer in the winter, which seems to be quickly approaching with this cool weather lately. The only downside is that the window in my old room looked out on the driveway and if I heard someone pull in I could easily check who. (first world problem, ha ha ) Here are some pictures of my new space:

This is a shot of where I sew, iron and cut. The tote floating around in the middle does have a home under the cutting table so I can roll around in my new chair all I want :) You might be able to tell that I sew on a Bernina and I LOVE IT! My sewing machine is one of my most prized possessions. It was a gift from my parents about 1.5 years ago. You can also see my book shelf. My Harry Potter books have the place on honor on the top. My sewing books are missing from his room, however. They are in the thread cabinet that my dad made me which has not been moved to the new room yet as I need Shain to hang it up for me.

This is the wall above the cutting table. You can see all my DIY white boards hanging on the wall. More info on these can be found on this post. You can also see a nifty mirror that I found in the garage and spray painted.


Lastly you can see the window; curtain courtesy of me. Also my mini wall hanging and the beautiful peacock feathers I got for my birthday this year. On top of the dresser you can see the awesome jewelry board my mom made me for my birthday a few years back.

Thanks for taking the tour with me!

Craft on friends!
Francesca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!