Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I won!

So I've really been trying to be more involved in the online crafting community lately. Blogging more here, commenting on blogs I read, uploading pics on flickr, promoting the Swink Girls Quilts facebook page, etc. I've also been getting my feet wet in some raffles and contests. (I'm also starting to get interested in swaps/bees/BOW/BOM/stitch-a-longs, etc. so let me know if you know of something cool starting soon.) I'm getting to the point, I promise. One of my favorite sites Fandom in Stitches hosted a contest last week. A free paper piece pattern was posted on their site. One had to simply make the block and post a picture of it to the FiS flickr group to enter a drawing for a free pattern....and... I WON!! It's my first win so I'm pretty excited :)

Here's my entry of Hogwarts Sue, all batik of course:

Isn't she cute?

You can get the pattern from Fandom in Stiches if you would like to make your own :) I'm keeping hush about the pattern I'm receiving as a prize...but I'll be sure to post what I make with it!

Also, for posterity, here is the link to the post announcing this awesome, cool news: click me.

Craft on and enter contests!
Francesca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!