Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Getting excited now!

I am making very good progess on the 'simply woven' quilt blocks.  Only one more strip to add to each of the 25 remaining blocks and the blocks will be done!  Woot woot!

This project (and others) has been on the back burner while all free time has been spent working on the new studio.  Since the hubs is out of town this week, I have had a little breather and snuck in some stiching.    I am contemplating a name for the quilt.  It is destined to belong to my Uncle Tom, (Captain, US Navy, Ret.)  He had requested a quilt with a nautical theme.  Since I am not much for themed quilts I decided to just make something I like and hope he likes it too.   The colors remind me of water so maybe it IS nautical!  Something like High Seas?  Suggestions?

I am looking forward to quilting this on my new Innova Longarm.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!