I spent some time yesterday with Francesca working on a few DIY projects since the construction foreman (hubby) is out of town on a business trip which necessarily brings construction work to a grinding halt.
First we made a pressing board for the top of my tool chest. My husband had previously cut a piece of plywood to the correct size for me. I covered it with insulated batting and then a pretty piece of batik in just the right color. The edges were neatly folded under and I used a pneumatic stapler to attach the fabric and batting to the bottom of the board. As an aside, a pneumatic stapler is a crafter's dream! It is amazing how handy it is to have an air compressor and a few tools. More about that in another post. I just love how this turned out!
Next we followed basically the same process to cover a small folding table. I think this will be so handy next to my sewing area. Most of the time there is no need for the large ironing board (mine is old and very heavy) and this table is just the right size and height for quick seam pressing near the machine. And it folds flat for storage!
I think the hardest part of this project was deciding which fabric to use!