Friday, November 15, 2013

My Life at Sea - quilting complete

I love my Innova!

I had fun quilting this with swirls.  It is supposed to be suggestive of the ocean.  I am not sure whether I met the mark but I think the end result is pleasing.  I used Aurifil thread - 50 wt in a lovely aqua color.  The binding is attached and ready for hand sewing.  This quilt will be done in time to deliver at  Christmas to my Uncle Tom, a retired navy man. 

Looking forward to finishing up the east wall of my new quilting studio this weekend.  We have some trim work to do and more painting.  The wall needs to be done because on Monday, my new pellet stove arrives.  Yay!!!!  I can't wait since the temps here (in the Northeast) have been dipping below freezing.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is gorgeous! I love the pattern and the fabrics! So pretty! And the quilting looks lovely! I love the idea of using aqua thread. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt for a man! I'm sure he will be very happy to have that on his bed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color combination and I love the swirly quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!