Wednesday, June 11, 2014

SMQ III - Another awesome Bee quilt!

Here is why sewing bees are great:
Let me just say I love this quilt! The design is loosely based on "Nap Like an Egyptian" from the Sunday Morning Quilts book. As I went through the book one more time in advance of my month as queen for round III, I thought I would take a shot at this one since no one has selected it in the past. My Bee Mates came through like champs with triangles, triangles and more triangles!
I started randomly piecing them into large triangles adding a light pink solid and other matching scraps as I went. The came the dilemma once I ran out of triangles. The quilt top was not quite as big as I wanted. I needed to add borders but wanted to keep the modern edge. I decided to add a floral print to either side and I am pleased with the end result both compositionally and in size.
Here are a few glamour shots!

1 comment:

  1. I love it. I was wondering how you were going ro bring it all together. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!