So...it's not as if I don't have like a gazillion other things to do, many of which have looming deadlines, but I just wasn't feeling it. I decided my Singer 221 needed a dust cover. She sits out now all the time instead of in her carry case ever since my dear friend Barb gave me a lovely small sewing cabinet. With a few minor adjustments (thanks Hubs), my featherweight fits just right in the cabinet (although does not swing down for storage).
I started with some leftover half square triangles and added some borders to make it large enough. Then I sandwiched it and practiced some fmq on my Juki TL2010Q. I sewed up the sides and boxed the corners. Then I top stitched along to four side seams to make it a bit more rigid. I finished it with a nice pink gingham binding. It slips right over the top of the machine, thread spool and all!