Monday, June 16, 2014

Featherweight Dustcover

So...it's not as if I don't have like a gazillion other things to do, many of which have looming deadlines, but I just wasn't feeling it.  I decided my Singer 221 needed a dust cover.  She sits out now all the time instead of in her carry case ever since my dear friend Barb gave me a lovely small sewing cabinet.  With a few minor adjustments (thanks Hubs), my featherweight fits just right in the cabinet (although does not swing down for storage).

I started with some leftover half square triangles and added some borders to make it large enough.  Then I  sandwiched it and practiced some fmq on my Juki TL2010Q.  I sewed up the sides and boxed the corners.  Then I top stitched along to four side seams to make it a bit more rigid.  I finished it with a nice pink gingham binding.  It slips right over the top of the machine, thread spool and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!