Friday, June 13, 2014

One Woman's Scraps Re-mix

I participated in the same scrap exchange with Francesca.  I pondered for a while on what I would make from my partner's scraps and then decided on a sewing machine cover.  After a sneaky facebook poll of the Guild members about what kind of machines everyone uses, I discovered my partner has a Bernina similar in size to one I own.    With that useful piece of information I was off and running!

The front is a representation of a sewing machine  and on the other side is a replica of a design wall with tiny pinwheels blocks...so stinkin' cute!
  I added a few complimentary scraps but used mostly what my partner had provided.  For the backing I randomly pieced together as many of the scraps as I needed for size.

The quilting was done on my new Juki TL2010Q and for a rookie at FMG on a domestic machine, I think it came out pretty nice!  Practice is key (as well as a healthy dose of patience)!

The partner who received my scraps, Mary Jane, made me some awesome scrappy buckets.  She also did some fun FMQ stitiching (she is much better than I am!).

This was so much fun that I can't wait to do it again.  Our guild is on summer break now so no more formal meetings until September. :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!