Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sunday Stashin' #4

Hey all-

I decided to do another installment of Sunday Stashin' as I have some new fabric to show off.  I bought a few things recently at JoAnn's and got an order of solids from FabricWorm.

On the left is a pull for some small project. Love the tan with the white flowers and bees.  The fat quarters coordinate nicely.  The white/print in the middle is cloud9 organic.  It has little grey kitties frolicking in a meadow of flowers. I LOVE it.  The rest are some gorgeous solids!  Across: Kona silver, storm, celestial, water, pool, cactus, crocus, azalea, and pomegranate.  The purple and pink at the top are larger cuts of JoAnn's "kona" solids.  Useful for making the backs of throw pillow, etc.  I believe they are orchid and pomegranate.

Solids, I loves them.

And here's something I'm working on for a throw pillow.  This is Amanda Jean Nyberg's method for making zig-zags with out making HSTs.  It's done with WOF strips cut in to units and sewn back together.  It's pretty cool.  I've been wanting to do something with dark blue and chartreuse for a long time.  This is kona storm and cactus.  The combination is not exactly what I was looking for but it's a pillow for someone else so I'm letting it go (:

Linking with Molli today at:
Molli Sparkles

Francesca

6 comments:

  1. Oh the Konas! That stack of fabric makes me weak! I can't imagine adding quite so much to my stash at once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem like a lot, but they are mostly 1/2 cuts. I love color!

      Delete
  2. Yowza! That is a nice stack of solids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solids are always a great stash addition. I had mine out this weekend giving them a good pet! You can never have enough, can you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, wasn't sure if you knew you have word verification turned on?

      Delete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!