Thursday, February 6, 2014

Small Finishes, Big Fun

Since I have so many WIPs that are going to be large quilts, when I need a break from my projects I like to make smaller items.  I especially enjoy projects I can finish in one or two sessions.

Some examples are pillows; always fun!  A pillow can be a mini quilt. Pieced, quilted and bound.  I had fun doing a loopy FMQ in a spiral on the zig zag pillow.  I used Amanda Jean's method of strip piecing to make the chevrons instead of using HSTs.  The back has a very kicky banana yellow zipper (covered) and is all the darker blue color. This pillow is 18".




And another couple photos of the Valentine's pillow. I know, I already posted about it, but I was having a pillow photo shoot! 



Another small project I've been having a lot of fun with lately are these clutches designed by Jennifer Ladd for Sew Mama Sew.  This one is made with my own hand dyed fabric. So sweet!  I have made two of these now and still do not have one for myself!  I'm next on the list though.  I am going to skip the flower on mine, I think. 






That's all for today, friends. Linking with Kelly for NTT (:

Francesca

2 comments:

  1. awesome stuff going on! those clutches rock- the gray is my fave!

    Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!