I finished up a new quilt top this week. This started with a fat quarter bundle of Jenni Baker's Nordica. I wanted to showcase the prints and the over sized hexies let me do just that. I made a carboard template to cut the hexi halves. By no means an original idea but I do think it is a rather interesting spin on the traditional hexagon quilt block. I used some gray and pink (really more of a salmon) from my stash along with another half yard of one of the Nordica prints for the borders. It has been a long time since I made a quilt with borders and it seems as though I spent as much time on them as I did piecing the hexagon center! The top finished at 80.5" x 89.5".