Monday, July 7, 2014

Modern Medallion Round Robin - Sharon

A few months back I joined (through Facebook) a medallion quilt round robin (see earlier posts with my medallion center).  The first quilt sent to me is Sharon's.  She loves flying geese and constructed her center block by paper piecing some rainbow colored geese.

Immediately when I saw it I knew I wanted to make a circle of flying geese to go around the center.   Little did I know how challenging it would be since I essentially had to draft the pattern and figure out the construction details.

I think it turned out pretty good considering it was very difficult!  I used a variety of fabric that included some pieces Sharon sent (to tie my part in with the center block) and various other scraps to create a rainbow of geese!

It is not perfect but it does lay flat, so I will be content with that.  I can't wait to see what is added next and also can't wait for the next quilt top to work on ( I think I get Myrth's next).

Such fun!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!