Thursday, April 17, 2014

Modern Medallion Round Robin (MMRR)

I recently joined a quilt round robin and I am so excited about it!  I have been wanting to do this ever since I heard about the "traveling quilts."   It is such a great idea.  Everyone starts the center of their quilt and then mails to the next person on the list who adds to it and then mails it again and so on.  Our group  has six quilters  and I think it will be very interesting to see what great ideas everyone has for these quilts.

So...since it is a "modern" medallion, I have been trying to make a center in keeping with that principal and this is what I have come up with so far.  I really would like to add one border before sending it to the next quilter since the half square triangles along the edges are a bity unruly and I want her to have nice edges to start.  I am having trouble moving beyond the initial piece of patchwork.  I have auditioned a few ideas.  I would love to have some comments and suggestions so please let me have your thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. I vote for that grey that's on the bottom. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Center. I know you want to add more. .Love the gray also. .. But with 6 people. . Let the next person create for you. Round Robins are really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kat and Patty. I think I will go with your suggestion Patty and send it on without adding.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!