Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Min Skatt complete!

Yay!  The quilt is all finished !  I finished up the last stitiching on the binding and Iam happy to call her complete.  I LOVE this quilt!  The colors are just gorgeous - thanks to Jeni B for designing such a beautiful fabric line! 

I am so pleased with how the quilting turned out.  The black border is probably my favorite and mostly because it is an original idea.  I sometimes feel like I am very good at copying, but not so good at having my own ideas, so this feels  good to me.    I also love the gray border.  The leaves add so much texture.

I consider myself to be a 'modern' quilter but after all the talk lately about what is modern and what is not, I am not sure whether this quilt can be called 'modern.'  I feel like to oversized hexies are modern, as well as the FMQ, and the sprinkling of solids although the borders and symmetry of the piecing seem to push the quilt into the 'traditional' bucket.  What do you think?  Please  leave a comment as I would love to hear your opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!