Saturday, April 5, 2014

Do.Good Stitches- Sapphire Dreams (quilting)

So...I finished up the batik and immediately loaded the next quilt. This one is the January Do. Good Stitches - Hope circle improv log cabins quilt.
I had requested the Bee team make log cabins with a light center and gradually use darker blues to end with a gray border around the entire block. The sashing is a dark gray tone on tone that I picked up at Wal-Mart (sometimes they have good stuff!). I have been worried the quilt will be too dark but the Aurifil thread I am using lightens it up quite a bit. The quilting in the borders and sashing will be continuous curve.
In the blocks, I am quilting "square spirals." I'm not sure that is the technically correct term - but they look cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!