Saturday, December 28, 2013

To give and to receive

I must have been really good this year...cause I got the best Christmas gifts ever!  I am so truly thankful for every wonderful item that I received!  It has taken me almost 4 days to write this post as I have been really busy enjoying my gifts (and catching up at work).  I want to take a few minutes to show off some of the gifts I made and to brag about what I received!  I've already posted about most of the things I made, but to recap:

A poinsettia table runner/wall hanging for Judy.


 A 'Frosty' pillow for Barb.


"Olive Juice" mini wall hanging for my sister, Margaret.


"Pixelated Heart" quilt for my sister, Margaret.


"Joy" table runner/wall hanging for my mom, Kimberly.


Aannnnddddd....

I conquered the "Sew Together Bag" for my mom, Kimberly! She was so excited! In case you can't tell, there are 4 zippers in this bad boy!


As far as receiving goes:

My sister, Margaret, made me this wonderful, lined, zipper cosmetic bag.


I got these wonderful quilty magnets and some other sewing notion from my mom, Kimberly (as well as clothes, socks, beauty products, oh, and a new computer!).


This stunning, quilted sleeve for said new computer, from Kimberly. I absolutely love this sleeve, I think it is my favorite gift (although it would be sort of useless with out the computer it came with).  I was so excited to see that it was made out of the scraps of Kimberly's fat quarter bundle of Nordika fabric. I love the colors and patterns so much.


Judy used a wood burner, acrylic paint, and varnish to make me this wonderful treasure chest.  She practices Wicca, hence the pentagram in the lid. She filled the inside with candles, some pretty stones and a bath fizzie.

I also got a new North Face fleece sweater from my main squeeze, Shain. 

I would say, hands down, this was the best Christmas ever.  We had wonderful meals on both Christmas Eve and Christmas day and it was so nice to spend time relaxing and laughing with my family.  Now that the whirlwind is over, we can get started on some new projects! I will be posting again in a few days about some fun plans for the new year, so stop back soon!

Francesca

Edit: I somehow managed to delete most of the photos from this post; still getting used to my new chromebook! I will try to find a way to get them back on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!