Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sewful Sunday

After all the rushing and bustle that accompanies a holiday, I am so thankful I got a chance to do some sewing today.  It's tricky this time of year to post about what I'm working on, as I'm not quite sure who reads this blog.  I know I can't post about Kimberly's present!

Today I finished hand sewing the binding down on this frosty pillow for "B".  I'm very pleased with how this turned out as it was my first attempt at applique.  I also like the FMQ and the covered zipper in the back.



I started this table runner/center piece for "J".  My first curves!  I borrowed used Kimberly's quick curves template and used the tutorial for 'Fun Poinsettias' from Sew Kind of Wonderful.  I am going to add some kind of borders and quilt with metallic thread :)



And I made 2 churn dash blocks for Audrey at Hot Pink Quilts.  First churn dash blocks though I have been thinking about making some for a long time since I love HST (half square triangles) so much.  These went together fast since they are so big! They will be 15" finished

I also completed the quilting on the Pixelated Heart quilt on the Innova yesterday.  I have to work on the binding next.

Francesca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!