I spent most of the day yesterday finishing up the hand sewing on these Dresdens and then started quilting on my Innova. I am using about a yard of fabric for the background and backing so I think it will be tricky to get them to stay lined up. I am hoping by the time they are trimmed into four placemats that they are not too small!
The thread is a variegated from Superior (King Tut I think, but the label is missing). I just love how it complements all the colors in the dresden blades.
I put a fresh needle in the Innova since my daughter was experincing some thread breakage last time she used it, and the machine ran like a dream - perfect tension with a few small adjustments to the bobbin case and upper tension assembly. At one point after re-threading following bobbin winding, the thread somehow missed the upper tension assembly and caused some thread shredding., I know just by pulling on the thread at the needle end that there was a problem. I followed the thread back towards the cone and spotted the issue. I am so happy with this machine! (And proud of myself for learning how to use it!)