Tuesday, December 17, 2013

WIPW #4

Welcome to Work in Progress Wednesday #4!

I have been so busy making Christmas presents lately but I really can't show you most of them until after Christmas! I haven't worked on any of my long term WIPs (read: PoD and diamond quilt) but I do have a few small Christmas WIPs I can share though. Both are wall hangings. I have been SO in to wall hangings lately. 

The tree is an original pattern by me! Made entirely out of scraps! I used 1 1/2" strips. I am going to sew on button for ornaments and then do some FMQ.


The olives are adapted from a pattern called Three Eggs that I found on sewhooked.com. I omitted one egg and added the pimiento to make olives instead of eggs. I used all solids to make it really modern.  I am a novice at hand embroidery but I don't think it came out too bad.




That's really all for this edition of WIP Wednesday. Stay tuned next week for the post-Christmas gift reveals.
I hope you all have a very safe and merry holiday, if you celebrate.  If not, enjoy the day off and the cookies!


Francesca


Edit: Linked with Lee at FreshlyPieced.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!