Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Catching up - Computer Tote

Wow!  Has it really been two weeks since my last post?  Time sure flies.   My only excuse is that I did have to travel for my (day) job last week.  I have lots to share.   A few months ago (on another business trip) a work friend admired my computer tote and asked me to make one for her.   I found the perfect fabrics and got to work.  I used Peltex to provide sturdiness  and also a lightweight fusible on the lining.  I tried something new - an  interior zipper pocket.  It turned out pretty good for my first time installing that type of zip!  I learned a few things along the way too.  My Juki performed flawlessly through the construction.  I did have some trouble with tension during the quilting of the exterior though.  I adjusted the foot pressure, tension dial and stitch length and I was  still unhappy with the uneven stitches in some areas.   I am sure it is user error of some sort and I will just have to keep playing with it.   I also made a quilted laptop sleeve and zip bag (for cords) to coordinate.  She was happy with the end product and maybe someone will admire it and I will gèt some more business!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!