Friday, March 14, 2014

A cute birthday gift for my granddaughter

My granddaughter turned two recently and I was struggling to think of a gfift for her.  I decided to pick some super cute fabrics and make a little purse.  I had a lot of help from another Swink Girl (Margaret).   We cut some squares with the AccuQuilt and then made half square triangles.  These were pieced together in three sctions; front of purse, front pocket and  rear of purse.  Some quick straight line quilting on the Juki and the panels were complete.  We used some cute japanese fabric for the lining reinforced with lightweight  interfacing.  I happened to have some d-rings and a  slider on hand for the strap.  The purse is so cute and bright!  And I am happy to say the birthday girl loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!