Wednesday, March 12, 2014

More Long Arming

I am plodding along with  the quilting on Min Skatt, my Nordika quilt.  I   had promised myself I would do something simple  - ha ha ha!  That quickly went by the wayside and I am quilting a different design in each hexie (a total of five different designs randomly applied to each hexie).  I used my gecko stencil for the first time asnd I am loving the results.  I actually ran out of bobbin thread as I was pebbling around him and then decided I like how it looks - the gecko appears to be crawling out of the pebbles - cool!  An accidental design decision - gotta love it!

I am going to turn the quilt to finish the borders I think...at least for the outside black one.  It will be my first attempt at turning a partially quilted quilt - wish me luck!

Ther back is looking awesome - can't wait to finish this up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!