Monday, December 1, 2014

Completed Palette Bag!

I'm so happy to say I finally finished my palette bag! I used Jinny Beyer's pattern, with some modifications, but I selected my own fabrics, rather than using her batik line for RJR fabrics. I absolutely love this bag. I have been using it a ton already. It is a great size and I made the lining white, with a green pocket, so it's really easy to see inside and find things. I'm also really proud of the construction; I feel like I did a good job and this tote bag is well made and will stand up to use. I used cotton webbing for the handles and I think that will help with durability as well. Lastly, I just really love the colors and patterns of the batiks I used. The piecing on this bag just really makes the 'rainbow brite' part of me sing with joy!

The paper-pieced panel for the sides

Close up of some quilting

I took this before I top-stitched along the very top rim...it looks better with the stitching

Francesca

2 comments:

  1. Great bag, love the rainbow look!!
    Thanks for sharing at MOP Monday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Bag ! Pockets in bags are always handy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!