Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Baby Quilts

Catching up on some blog posting and looking back through my pictures I see not one but three   baby quilts!  This first one was a gift for a co-worker of my husband.  I had a very cute scrap piece of fabric with a camping theme and so I pulled some complimentary fabrics and cut  bricks.   The piecing is simple but super cute.  I did a mod improv type free motion quilting pattern  which I think turned out pretty nice.  I think the recipient liked it but to tell the truth I never really heard from her.


Next is the baby quilt that the Swink Girls plus my Aunt Marcia put together for my cousin who is expecting in a few months.  My Aunt requested a "bee" theme so we went with hexagons (honeycombs) using Francesca's Hex 'n  More ruler.  The bees are applique using artificial flower petals for the wings....so cute!  The quilting features bees and flowers and really pops on the soft minkee dot backing.  I think the new momma will love it!

And last but not least is the quilt which started out as the MQG Micheal Miller Cotton Couture Challenge until I realized the rules specified use of any other Michael MIller Solid in conjunction with the pastels and I used a print (aqua houndstooth)....arghhh!  Oh well, at least now I am prepared for the next baby shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!