Monday, January 6, 2014

Big Star

I started this one on a whim after seeing similar quilts in the blogosphere (forgive me for not recalling the specific site).  When I saw this quilt I knew I HAD to make one!  I used some fabrics I have been saving (read: hoarding), Amy Butler Love, some delicious Kate Spain in purple, a teal small print from Connecting Threads and a blue and white print called Modern Daisies.  The background is a Kona gray. 

The piecing went very quickly and I threw it on the Innova longarm right away with some extra wide backing (left over from My Life at Sea) no piecing needed!  I quilted parallel lines in the background (can I tell you how incredibly difficult it is to keep those lines straight and parallel?  The eye is immediately drawn to any error - there was some unpicking I won't lie).  I am in the process of free motion quilting various designs in the blades of the star with 5 of 8 sections completed so far.  I plan to use leftovers of the star fabrics to make a scrappy binding.  It should finish at approx 68" square.

I will post pictures of the whole quilt once it is done.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!