Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Dresden Pillow

I made a dresden flower a few weeks ago and it has been stuck on my design wall ever since.  I decided I would make a throw pillow.  I dragged out the Essex linen I have been saving (no, hoarding) for months.  It looks terrific with the warm colors of the dresden blades.  Instead of a tradional applique, I fastened down   the  dresden with some outline stiching following the seams in each blade.  The center circle has an extra layer of batting to add volume.  I machine stitched a blanket stitch to attach the circle.  I am not completely happy with that part  since it was hard to make sure the needle caught the edge of the circle for each stitch.  I had to go back and re-do one spot.  I did a little FMQ with my Bernina using Aurifil thread 50  wt and added the feather flower in the middle and some stipple quilting outside the dresden on the linen.  I did not get a picture of the back but there is a covered  zip closure.  Finished product is approximately 20" square.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!