Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Oops - behind on blogging again!

Where does the time go?!  Summer is fading away and the crisp fall weather is hinting at the snowy days to come already (and it is just September).

We have been very busy sewing and quilting at the Swink Girls but not so good at blogging :(  You can also follow me on Instagram.  I am @swink_girl.

I   have been working for several weeks on the July do. Good Stitches quilt.  The quilting part took forever!  I was not happy with the background quilting I started and so I frogged it out.  Then I had terrible tension issues with the thread I  chose for the flower centers and ended ripping those out too and replacing with a different thread.  The tesion issues continued causing me to need to frog out an entire side border as well.  All in all the quilting took at least 5 times longer than it needed to ...grrrr.  But finally it is complete and I love this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!