Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My latest obsession

So I was recently in a small car accident during which I was rear-ended by another vehicle. I have been experiencing a lot of soreness and discomfort in my back and my doctor suggested I try using heat to relax the muscles.  I decided to whip up one of those microwavable heating pads that you fill with rice (corn, lentils, cherry pits, flax, etc) and now I'm completely hooked on making them and figuring out new things to scent them with (essential oil, herbs/spices, different tea leaves, etc). You can truly make them any size or shape to contour any body part. And they are a quick project that doesn't require a ton of fabric and can really show case a favorite fat quarter or scrap. Just be careful that any thing you put in the microwave is 100% cotton with no metallic accents! If you want a fleece or polyester version, make a removable 'pillowcase' and use cotton or muslin for the inner (microwavable) part. Sew fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!