Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Modern Round Robin - the Sea Quilt

After a little blip where a few quilt tops went missing for several weeks, I finally received this beautiful top in progress.  I love the mix of blues and greens with the crisp white background.  It has the feel of the sea.  The medallion style quilt started with the center diamond and geese surrounding.  The next round added the clover shapes and more geese.  And finally just before heading to me the white and pieced borders.  Hmmmm.....what shall I add?
Before

I felt like the top needed some curves so I pulled out my  
Quick Curve Ruler from Sew Kind of Wonderful and went to work.  The side and top borders have an improv feel with the curves not quite lining up with each other which I thinks looks fabulously modern.  As a final touch I reverse appliqued some circles for the corners.  I scootched (is that a word?) them in to be close with the curves.

After
I am so pleased with the result and I sure hope the owner of the top loves it too.  I can't wait to see what is added for the final round.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!