Monday, April 13, 2015

It's all about the swaps!

For those that follow me on Instagram (swink_girl) you know I have signed up for a ridiculous number of swaps lately.  I do not know what possessed me.    The #rainbowminiquilt swap has just wrapped up so one down out of five! (I know...ridiculous).  I made this very sweet improv geese mini.

Completed Happiness Is miniquilt


I really love how it turned out.  The background is a shot cotton.  This is the first time I have worked with shot cotton and it is deliciously soft!  It made the perfect backdrop for paper pieced geese.  The quilting was done on my #jukitl2010q which handled the Superior Magnifico thread wonderfully. The thread has a nice sheen to it and really makes the quilting shine.    I have been brushing up on my #FMQ by watching videos by Leah Day.  She sure does make it look easy.    The text quilting in the middle was inspired by one of her videos  Thread Painting Words on your quilt.

Here are some more shots of the mini in progress.


Before Quilting

One row of geese inserted

Paper piecing the geese

The pattern hand drawn on freezer paper


One down and four more to go!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!