Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Christmas!

As is always the case in December, there was a mad rush to finish up a few handmade goodies.  This definitely moved blogging to the back burner and the Swink Girls are just now getting back into the swing of things post holidays.  Apologies for the very quiet blog over the last several weeks!

This was a super secret project for Francesca; a peacock mini quilt.


This picture was taken at night so not the best but you get the idea.  The bird is made up of layered applique.  I used invisible thread to secure the edges.   I had the opportunity to use my Juki for the FMQ and I have to say, I just love that machine!  The mini has a faced backing which is a technique I learned at our guild (Rochester Modern) and which I definitely will use again.



I was in the mood several months ago for some wool applique so I started this project with a new neighbor in mind.  After finishing the blanket stitching I added some other decorative items and some vintage buttons (another little addiction of mine!).


This was also quilted on the Juki and shows my first feathers on this machine.  I was very pleased with how it turned out and the neighbor liked it too!

I made a few small gifts also for my grandchildren.  My grandson loves sharks so I put together this little zipper pouch for him.  He loved it so I guess that makes all the cursing over the zipper worthwhile :)  




And for my granddaughter, an apron and some potholders.

And last but certainly not least, the hand knit socks that found their way into Margaret's Christmas stocking.

These are  my feet - checking for size!

I received incredible handmade gifts from Francesca.  I am letting her post about those!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!