Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday Stashin' #7

Hey all! I made a quick trip to JoAnn's this week to buy some backing fabric for a quilt since I didn't have time to order something online. I actually ended up buying a few things!

Here's the cuddle fabric for the quilt back. It's like minkee but with out dimples. It's soft, but the plush is not deep. I love the colors.
It was $10/yard but it's 60" wide, so I will only need about 2.25 yards for my quilt and I won't have to piece the back at all...WIN!

I also got a yard of this Denyse Schmidt polka dot since it was on sale:
This picture is the new background on my cell phone, btw (:

And this Denyse Schmidt plaid was only $3.50 a yard! So I bought 2 yards. I'm very picky about fabric. If it feels cheap and doesn't have a nice hand, I won't buy it. So I was please to find this higher quality fabric for such a reasonable price.
I love the little pop of lime in this plaid. It's actually a different colorway of the plaid I used on my sewing machine cover:


That's it for today!

Francesca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!