Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Mini

I don't really do much holiday crafting. I'm not that girl on your IG feed who has made 6 pillows, 4 bags, a throw blanket, 2 baskets and some bunting out of her never ending supply of 'Boo Crew' fabric. I mean, it's one day, people. If you want to make and post something cool; make your kid a costume! Anyway, a few weeks ago Kimberly gave me this skeleton fabric scrap, so I gave in and decided to make one Halloween mini quilt. Especially after I realized the fabric glows in the dark!!

I drew the lettering on freezer paper first to make a template. I used my Bernina and some green aurifil for the applique (which came out better than I expected considering I applique about once every 3 years). I'm glad I spent the money on an applique foot, though.

I used a fun orange bubble fabric for the binding...and voila...I now own one Halloween decoration. Muahahaha!

Francesca

Edit: I received this little kitty plushie in my #kittyminiquiltswap package, so I now own two Halloween decorations!

The extent of the Halloween decorating at my house (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!