Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Moons and Star

The quilt top is complete measuring approximately 60" x 70".  I decided to add the circles and I am pleased with the results (although no one in my family is crazy about the idea).

The backing was a breeze since I bought plenty of the gray flannel...4 yds. This is the first time I have not had some patchwork on the back of the quilt.

I am using 80/20 batting for the first time too and I am not liking it as much as the all cotton. You never know whether you will like something until you try it!  A good example of that is Aurifil thread...also a first on this quilt.  I love it! I am using the 50 wt. in my quilting machine. I am do surprised how much father the bobbins go!   That reason alone is enough to sell me.

Hopefully will have the quilting done by the weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!