Friday, September 21, 2012

Summer Star

Who doesn't love charm squares?  The pre-cuts and AccuquiltGo cutter are such time savers - love them both!    Check out the Moda Juggling Summer charms...



And the preliminary layout of HSTs...



I think I will need to make a few block placement adjustments before sewing the top together.  Since it will only measure 48" square, I will probably add borders to make it a more comfortable lap quilt size.   Not sure yet what that will be but I am feeling some flying geese may be heading this way!

Notice the teal solid in the bottom right corner on the first photo above.    I will likely use that for the border and the left over charm squares although there are only a few (12) left.

I am planning to work on this and possibly Aunt M's quilt this weekend. 


Some embroidery needs to be added and then the backing completed.   I have also promised a large pillow sham made from the leftover fabric so I better get going on it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!