Monday, September 10, 2012

Over the weekend...

I was able to eke out some time to work on the quilting of the zig zag quilt.  I purchased dark gray and light gray spools of Coats and Clark 100% cotton machine quilting thread.  I am using the light gray.  I initially wound about 9 bobbins, used them all and wound 9 more.  Curiously, now I am concerned that there is not enough thread on the spool to finish the top.  How can that be?  I have used this brand of thread several times and have never had an issue with there being enough on a spool to finish at least one quilt.  If I run out, it will mean a trip to Wal-Mart where I purchased the thread and hopefully they will have more of the same color.



The quilting is a curvy pantograph pattern which I think compliments the angles of the piecing.

The back of the quilt is just barely larger than the top so I have been concerned that if the top becomes crooked during the process I will have a problem at the end with the back falling short.  So far, so good.  I check the sides with each roll of the quilt. 


I am more than half way done and should be able to finish up by the end of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!