Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WIPW #5 - 1/15/14

Now that the holiday madness is over, I've been able to get back to my beloved WIPs.

Here is some progress on the PoD:

This is block #16/30 and one of my favorites so far. I love really love the warm colors and the wee little broomstick.


&& my diamond quilt:
6 of these bad boys puts me at 50 blocks completed for this quilt so far.


&& progress on my February UFO challenge piece:
Pieced, quilted, the back is made (including a covered zipper), binding machine stitched down.  All I have left is hand sewing the binding down and my Valentine's throw pillow will be done on time.

&& some progress on my April UFO challenge piece:
Working on the piecing for the Foxy Tumblers baby quilt. I will be adding some borders once these rows are sewn together.

&& some progress on my June UFO challenge piece/SMQ Bee quilt (for Shain):
I am making a few sample blocks that I will post when I request blocks for my month (March) from the SMQ Bee.  I am going to ask for improv slab blocks in medium to dark blues with one brown piece, unfinished size 12 1/2" inches.  I LOVE the whale fabric at the top of the block!

&& last but not least, my newest WIP, the FLSPQ (Friends of Letchworth State Park Quilt):
Oh my stars and garters, another all batik quilt? Including hand dyed batik by yours truly (not shown)? Indeed.


Keep calm and stitch on!

Francesca

Linked with Lee, Kelly and Sarah.



15 comments:

  1. Those foxes are popping up everywhere it seems lately! They look darling in your tumbler top:):):):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! These particular foxes were complimentary (due to a small issue with on online fabric order)...bonus!

      Delete
  2. You have been very busy!!! Just love your batiks! Block #16 is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my but you are a very busy girl! Beautiful projects, every one! I'm looking forward to seeing them progress. Well done!

    http://www.busyneedle.ch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elita! Stop by anytime. I post WIPs on the 3rd Wednesday of each month (:

      Delete
  4. These look great! I especially love the heart quilting on your "Love" mini. I have seen it done with loops, but never would have thought of using hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine! My hearts are pretty wonky but they were fun; I will definitely use them again. FMQ can be really hard!

      Delete
  5. you have so many fantastic things going on! I really love that Valentine's throw pillow. It's too cute!

    Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kelly! I love that you take the time to comment when you host link ups!

      Delete
  6. You have a lot of projects! The Valentine's pillow is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it all. I think I like the scrappy little log cabin looking block in blue. Have a good week. happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! you are really talented to produce a handcraft by using batik. amazing!
    we usually just using batik to make a clothes. we produce shirt, skirt, kurung, kebayan, sarong and also scarf.

    regard
    marinin batik.

    http://548.ikwebhosting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If you have a question we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! We prefer to respond via email, but if you are a "no-reply" blogger, you won't get one! You can, however, email us directly at swinkgirlsquilts @ gmail . com OR frakocyba @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for stopping by!